Where can one buy a bubble driven filter here in Canada?

HitmanSougo13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys I've been looking up the cooling methods for the axolotls on http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/cooling.shtml. I've asked a few aquarium stores here in my city if they carry a bubble driven filter but grand majority the staff didn't even know what the hell I was talking about. I hate to say that some acquarium workers don't seem too educated with aquariums and most told me they don't sell stuff to cool down the tanks.

Is there a brand name or specific filter you can buy? I am currently using Fluval 3 Plus Internal Filter which uses 6.5 Watts. After buying it I have seem filters that use slightly lesser watts such as 4 watts and I know the amount of Watts it takes translates into the amount of heat it creates. What is a good watt preference?

Thanks guys in advance as always!

One option would be a sponge filter, these use only bubbles. Do you have any mail order places available (or can you order from US mail order places)?

What kind of lid is on the tank? If it works with the lid, a hang-on-back waterfall filter generally conveys less heat than an internal filter does.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back