How many worms?

PatricALOTL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Patrice :P
I have a very straight forward question.

How many worms should I be feeding my axies?

I don't want to over feed them,....they're not skinny or too fat.......I was just wondering how much is too much, and what's not enough????

Not an urgent question, just curious.....:D

Re: How many WORMS??????

The amount of worms depends on the axolotl itself. It will let you know when it has had enough. Just make sure the stomach doesn't get wider than the head to keep it from getting obese.

2-3 tenebrias medium size is ok for 2-3 days,and once every 10 days small amount of tubifex,also feed them to some pelets sinking one,between worms and that is it.

My axie is about 6 inches long, i feed him 1 large night crawler every otherday. If you are feeding him something big its best to cut it up, just it case he doesnt want the whole thing. So cut it up into 3 pieces and you axie will eat as many as he can. You can usually see him chewy or trying to swallow it.

Before feeding my axie will attack anything that moves, but after he will just sit there are try to avoid anything that moves.

Hi salamandrid!!

I guess for tenebrias you mean mealworms?? those hard white - yellow worms? If this is right, I would try some earthworms instead, mealworms are not good as a staple diet.

Well i have two adult axies about 20-22cm long...i used to give them sinking salmon pellets, but they didnt really like them, thats why i switched to live earthworms...
i usually give them from about 2-5 worms depending on how quickly the first ones went down...

OKKk, sooo basically they'll reject any food they dont want........so keep feeding them worms untill their full, and had enough????

B.T.W, thanx for your comments....Rep points FOR ALLLL!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Sometimes they will still eat, and puke it up. Just guess what something as big as yours could eat. (How much could fit in his/her belly) :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back