Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: New owner, worried: white stuff around cloaca & constipation? Fungus? Please help!

oferrari

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just got my axolotl Rudi 5 months ago, when I got him he was about a month old. I'm worried because about a week ago he stopped eating; I usually feed him live bloodworms and sometimes pellets. I noticed he was a little bloated, more on one side than the other, so I fridged him.

It's been three days and he hasn't pooped, but there has been a white filmy thing hanging around his cloaca and I just noticed upon inspection of his tank, some white stringy stuff around the filter. This is probably a fungus, right? I put his tank thermometer into the fridge container with him to monitor the fridge temperature, but I now noticed some of the white stringy stuff on the thermometer. I removed it and changed his fridge water.

What should I do!?? I'm really worried.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 537
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!