Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Flaky looking skin and white patches??

DarlingxCarla

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I have a juvenile leucistic and she has recently gotten white spots on her tail -- I'm wondering if they aren't just her iridophores her gills are scraggly and have white tips on a few -- it could be new growth? And she has one strange patch on her side. Photos included, some are better than others! Thank you all in advance!

My ammonia is at .25 I have been doing 20% water changes daily and using Prime to no avail but figure that with time and water changes it must go down, and my ph is right at 7.0 which I know is low (I'm still trying to get that up a bit) Water temp is between 66 and 68 Fahrenheit. She only eats tubifex worms as anything small enough for her to eat doesn't wiggle enough for her to be interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 267

Holly12

Reaction score
It could be iridophores.... but I'm not positive. Mine also got an odd patch but on his cheek. It hasn't changed so I assume it's fine.

My guy had a white tip on his gills once and it took months of clean water but it eventually healed.

Anyone else have ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!