Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tylototriton Taliangensis

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Well I've kept caudates on and off for the last 23/25 years and have kept many species but I have to say I have a special place in my heart for Tylototriton. My expertise was always with Triturus and after many buying ,selling, swapping and success and unsuccessful experiences with Tylototriton I'm happy to say I now have a pretty good understanding of the genus . Although there is a lot I can still learn and do monthly. I hope to travel to China in a few years and view a species in the wild. At the moment I have been fortunate enough to raise these , My two friends and I have got these bad boys , I have at the moment 6 very small juveniles and 1 large larva I intend to raise as big as possible before allowing to leave the water I think that overwintering a species of Tylototriton is probably natural, I don't agree with doing it in captivity I do however believe in keeping the animal aquatic and warm in plenty space and well fed with plenty oxygen and zero threats for as long as possible. Post metamorphosis - advanced juvenile seems to be the hardest time for raising Tylototriton and I think if you ever do it it's a very rewarding and demanding experience.
Keeping the animals in deep very highly oxygenated clean water with an abundance of food and hiding places seem to rear morphs at the biggest possible size .
I have 6juvenile Taliangensis and a runt larva I decided to keep this way. The runt is now twice the size of his siblings who have morphed and now resembles a black axolotl with red gills . This spoiled animal is now twice the size of her siblings , I say her because I need a female haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,284

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the land invader siblings who have been on the land for over a month now.
I hope to raise these along with my other Tylototriton and create some more Captive bred animals these are F3 CB Taliangensis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 609

dutch guy

Reaction score
Well I've kept caudates on and off for the last 23/25 years and have kept many species but I have to say I have a special place in my heart for Tylototriton. My expertise was always with Triturus and after many buying ,selling, swapping and success and unsuccessful experiences with Tylototriton I'm happy to say I now have a pretty good understanding of the genus . Although there is a lot I can still learn and do monthly. I hope to travel to China in a few years and view a species in the wild. At the moment I have been fortunate enough to raise these , My two friends and I have got these bad boys , I have at the moment 6 very small juveniles and 1 large larva I intend to raise as big as possible before allowing to leave the water I think that overwintering a species of Tylototriton is probably natural, I don't agree with doing it in captivity I do however believe in keeping the animal aquatic and warm in plenty space and well fed with plenty oxygen and zero threats for as long as possible. Post metamorphosis - advanced juvenile seems to be the hardest time for raising Tylototriton and I think if you ever do it it's a very rewarding and demanding experience.
Keeping the animals in deep very highly oxygenated clean water with an abundance of food and hiding places seem to rear morphs at the biggest possible size .
I have 6juvenile Taliangensis and a runt larva I decided to keep this way. The runt is now twice the size of his siblings who have morphed and now resembles a black axolotl with red gills . This spoiled animal is now twice the size of her siblings , I say her because I need a female haha
Good luck Aaron

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Thanks Herman , Iam so glad that there is still some other members on here who still passionately keeps posting about the genre on here.
Thanks for your support

mr cyclone

Reaction score
I also want to thank Jari Boerboom , He has given me some phenomenal advice and has been tireless in offering my advice in raising animals .He is a definite expert as far as Raising and breeding goes. I have applied the advise given by Jari for the last two years inraising larvae from metamorph to 2-3year old and this is the trickiest part.
I will try not to bore you too much but i will post some updates hopefully we can ressurect the profile on the forum

dutch guy

Reaction score
Your welcom Aaron Marianne did raise 31 juvi's this year and the last one's wil leave sunday, to Germany and from there to South Korea.
We had two morphs who's metamorphing did not Go well.

Marianne and I do want to Be sure, that All of the new owners of our juvi's and egg's, do IT the Right way, so we give a caresheet of the shanjing's with the juvi's.
I Have Made those in Dutch and English.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Some pictures of the beasts

Attachments

• DC7312B4-7324-48BD-B947-F846898449C1.jpg
    DC7312B4-7324-48BD-B947-F846898449C1.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 503
  • 2CD85535-C166-4B65-B273-98E6B81CFD9C.jpg
    2CD85535-C166-4B65-B273-98E6B81CFD9C.jpg
    791.3 KB · Views: 521
  • A4ED616B-2F5E-4C5F-AA15-631D5F70FFD9.jpg
    A4ED616B-2F5E-4C5F-AA15-631D5F70FFD9.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 518

T. Dragoness

Reaction score
I've read this thread and hoping to get in contact with you dealing with raising t. Zeigleri or t. Shangi. How much water to land, when to change that, a preferred ph and temp and anything else you'd humbly offer

k.em

Reaction score
I've read this thread and hoping to get in contact with you dealing with raising t. Zeigleri or t. Shangi. How much water to land, when to change that, a preferred ph and temp and anything else you'd humbly offer
i want to contact with you. And it is speculated that their reproductive methods will usually be similar. However, there is no way to know the information. Can you tell me my email?

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!