Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Injured tadpole

Chelsie08

Reaction score
The other day I found a half frozen mud puddle on the side of the road. It was filthy and everything was covered in a thick layer of orange. I noticed a tabpole (decent size) floating there. The same orange covering his body I thought he was dead till he twitch so I filled a water bottle and brought him home. After a few days in clean water the orange rust like stuff faded away and he became more active but his tail is ripped and he seems to have skin hanging from his side. I've been feeding him sinking tadpole pellets and thick algae that grows on my aquatic plants. I'm wonder if there is any way to treat for possible parisites and help him heal faster. I'm not sure what to do with him. I own an adult wood frog that he could live with but I'm worried about parasites. They are native to the same area (Maine) and since we just had another large snow storm there is no open water left to return him too. or if I even should let him go into a pond (one he wasn't born into) because he may spead something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!