Please help need information about injured front leg

theplumz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Becca
Hi Please can someone help I don't know what to do Spike my female axolotl went to eat a worm this afternoon & she swung her head around to grab it & hit her head on the statue in the tank stunning herself for a couple of seconds When I looked at a little later she has somehow injured her front leg and it seems to be bent slightly backwards
Can they break their legs? What can I do to help her?
Please help
yours hopefully
Becca (& Spike)

Hi Becca - just keep an eye on her over the next few days. She may have bruised her leg. As long as there is no open wound infection, fungus or swelling, she may very well come right over the next week. If not and it appears to worsen over the week post details here and someone will help.

Thank you

Thank you
There are no open wounds, or swelling at present.
But we will keep a close eye and make sure our
other 2 axolotls don't start picking on her.
Thanks again for the advise.
Becca

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back