Where does your axie POOP?

Crysta

Reaction score
Country
China
Display Name
Cloudy
Does your Axolotl have a toilet?

Sparked by 'what hides do you have' which was jacked by poop talk.
But in the interest on whether;

• Axolotls 'train' their self.
  • What seems to be the most comfortable place, on similarities - to determine what sort of hides/plants are nice.
  • if they still poop in the same place if things are moved.:bowl:
  • If you have several do they have their own pooping places?

Yes, this is a weird thread.

ha ha whatever floats your boat crysta ;)

Mine tend to go in the big hollow trunk, hope thats enough info, unless you want to go down the size & colour :D

Now a few days ago I would of said Juan was a 'poop and stomp through it, any time, any place' kinda axie but since the other thread I have noticed he has turned his flower pot into the lav.. I wondered why he was hanging out in his slate cave more - there was me thinking it was because he appreciated all my hard work making it for him :rolleyes:

then again... if he used the slate cave as his toilet then my feelings WOULD be hurt :D

My small axies like to poop all over the place and the bigger ones like to poop at places I can't reach easily.... Bastards...

I like that my 9 inch lucy is nice enough to poop in the open area and not step on it. My 4 inch GFP however likes to swim and poop at the same time or something because I'll find poop not only everywhere on the floor, but on top leaves of plants...awkward...

Under their log hide and in the filter corner, nice little tidy toileters XD
So far it seems the most closed off hides possible? If this turns out to be the most common over more axies, i'm so making/buying them a really closed off place, would be so much easier to clean.

My wild likes to poo in his 'tree' (A crypt plant up the front)
My leucistic likes to poo in the front of the tank. So easy to clean!

My wild type is the messy one... he's a messy eater too...

HAHA great thread! As said before Gomez has trained himself to poop in his cave, I can move the cave to any part of the aquarium and he'll still use it as a toilet! Funny things!

:rofl: you know what I'm going to be watching for over the weekend now don't you :rofl:
I never SEE poop in the tank so I wonder where they are going... hopefully not IN their log :mad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back