Aqua One CF700 Canister Filter Question

B

brendan

Just set up my new tank. Im using the above mentioned filter and i have started it up and about 10 minutes into cycling it has stopped pumping and the water levels in the tubes are moving up and down.

Does this canister filter do this or is there somethiong wrong?

I'm not familiar with the exact filter... do you have a picture of it? Is it a hang on external filter, or an internal filter? Any filter that hangs outside the tank itself needs to be filled with water first before you turn it on, or you risk burning out the motor or having problems with the water intake/startup of the filter. Sounds like this might be your problem, but without knowing more about the kind of filter it's hard to say.

External canister filter...

I filled it with water as per instruction manual. I think the problem may be air blockage. So i may need to restart the filter.

Hmm. No idea
happy.gif

Good luck though!

I think it was an air leak. I restarted the process and it is working fine now... If it stops again i will speak to my local aquarium people.

Cheers...

I'll post pics of my set up later on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back