Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl Larvae not keeping anything down

jkpetey11

Reaction score
Hello!
I purchased two axolotl larvae (there about an 1 1/2 or 2 inches so Im not sure if they're tech larvae anymore). They were bred from the Akron Zoo so I know they were not captured in the wild and stressed from all that, but I am having some issues. They eat very eagerly, but I noticed every time I feed them, a few hours later they have thrown it up. I've tried frozen bloodworms, small pieces of live red worms, and newt pellets that were crushed up (I'm out of options). I'm not sure if they are throwing it up because they are stressed, the food is to big (that doesnt seem to be the problem though) or if thats not really a problem. Just want to hear your input or if you could point me to the nearest thread that would help that would be great! Thanks!!

LSuzuki

Reaction score
Hopefully, they aren't throwing it all up. Do they seem skinny? They may be overeating, although I haven't seen mine do that.

Try chopping the food finer, just in case that is the issue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!