3 headed frog

The pic looks like two males fighting over a female!
Is it an adult? HOw did it even manage to get past a tadpole which would have had 3 tails, let alone manage to get enough food.

Actually, ive just had a close look and it really does look like two males fighting over a female. Its unlikely that siamese triplets would have different skin colours, and just happen to have arms as if it were in amplexus! those people are fools lol, i wonder which male won in the end, i bet the one on the right!

AJfr0ggy

AJ, its not amplexus. The frog (s) were on the news today and they are definately joined togaether. Scientists are not sure whether it was a developmental mutation or one caused by pollution. If its pollution I think this highlights what we are doing to the environment...
sad.gif

Chris

Hold on...the news didn't mention that the frog escaped before any 'experts' could see it. I smell a rat...! you are probably right AJ...
Chris

The picture look like a bad photoshop collage. Anyone with a little skill could fake this. Look where the bodies meet, the skin texture is not even well blended together, you can see a line where the 2 top frog pictures meet, and look at the body on the left side, it goes down to the earth without showing a belly.

i smell more than a rat-even national enquirer could fake a better pic than that....take a look at the pic-the frog is stated as having 6 legs...i count 8 in plain sight. being a sort of aficinado of freaks i do know that many malformations happen with predictable results-this is why so many siamese twins share sternums. (i have a stuffed siamese calf in my living room)i agree that it appears to be two males fighting over a female, for 1 embryo to split and create a 2 headed body is odd enough, or to have a set of siamese twins-these would have great difficulty getting around as they would be positioned opposite to each other (the famous siamese twins had to stretch their skin joining their sternums together before they could stand side by side), it would be more believeable if the other 2 frogs were on their backs-all with their spines aligned-but belly to back doesnt make sense. im sure someone will come out soon to say it was a hoax.

Paris, is it a two-headed calf that came from michigan?

ohh...i want one!! well i guess they caught it-now one can see by the ears they are all males-definatly unusual-id like to see an xray of how all the bodies are joined.

A frog friend told me he recently had an eight-legged Dendrobate (only one head though).
I'm not sure these conjoined individuals are all that rare. What is rare is that they survive to adulthood.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back