Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

OH NO! Suggestions????

kira

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find water all over the floor and kitchen bench. Giselle's tank is busted and I don't know where! I have no where to put her except into the bigger tank with Slimely and Squishy which are about 7cm smaller then Giselle and Giselle has been quarratined because I only got her on Christmas Eve!:eek:

What do I do????

I can't put her in a bucket because its toooo hot and I can't put her in the fridge because I have just done a lot of baking and all of my containers are in use???

Suggestions?????

b00f

Reaction score
is this the tank you have just "cooled"???

this is really bad luck....

ice cream container, something...

how "busted" is the tank??

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Kira,

Do you have a casserole dish, glass bowl, lunch box, esky, bucket?...anything that can hold water will do for the emergency.

If you have a full tub of icecream in the fridge - eat it all or transfer to a bowl to pop back in the freezer and give the tub to Giselle lol.

For the heat if you can't put Giselle in the fridge, I would put the container in an esky or find the coolest place in the house and put the container there (lower to the ground is cooler).

Was the tank sitting on a foam base? If not, there is possibly an uneven surface or nick on your bench top that has caused the tank to crack due to uneven pressure.

kira

Reaction score
Esky brillant! Sorry totally panicked :eek: I will clean the esky and set it up as a tank, filter and all. The tank was on a styrofoam base, but is has a thin plastic bottom. I can't see where it is busted, it must only be small, but there is water everywhere, all over electricials AHHHHH!! What a mess! And the funny then is that I thought that the water level was going down but never paid much attention.

@b00f: Not really, it cooled my bigger tank. Giselle's tank wasn't too bad, I just put some styrofoam under hers and on one side and the back.

Oh bugger!!:mad:

Thanks so much guys!

ferret_corner

Reaction score
yeah any container that will float or fit in the fridge. If you can find one that floats - you can put that inside the other tank - you'll need a lid and air holes and prepare for displaced water.

I'm sorry that sucks! I hope you can patch it.

Sharon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!