Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Dead bbs?

Toothless157

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time hatching brineshrimp and I'm following yellowpebbles tutorial, but for some reason after I turned the aeration off the bbs that had hatched all sunk to the bottom and everything looks dead? I can't see any movement or anything, they've definitely hatched though (I can see the small orange dots). The babies have already hatched and are waiting to be fed:(

ciele02

Reaction score
I thought this too, but I hadnt waited long enough for them to hatch which can be up to 48 hrs. I have found best results though were obtained when i could keep the water at 30 degree celcius. To do this I bought one of those thermometer stickers for on your tank and stuck it on the bottle on the side facing away from the light..that way I can make sure I get the position of the lamp right

Toothless157

Reaction score
Thanks! A couple of hours after I turned the aeration off I had another look and loads were swimming about^.^ The little ones are happy and fed now:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!