Sorry another earth worm thread

G

glen

Gave the axies there dinner of earthworm which they both love and took but one of them started acting really strangely thrashing around then spat the worm back out semi digested.

Is this normal behaviour?

the worm may have been a bit too big for him to swallow whole. they will thrash about to take a chunk off of it because their teeth arent able to cut through it very effectively so it tries to tear it off instead.

I agree with Daniel - sometimes they are too full already (they will do it to the third worm but not first 2) or the worm is too big and they can't manage it.

i read a fact sheet in a book that earth worms are a really good food for lotls, apparently it has all the nutrients and things they need to survive for their whole life span.
Is this true?
And if it is do worms have parasites that my axolotl could get? and how do i avoid parasites?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back