Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

how to upload "grouped" photos in Gallery

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've hit my head against the wall on this long enough... how do you upload a set of "grouped" photos in the Gallery? I've seen other people's photos do this. For example, these two photos come up together as a set:
http://www.caudata.org/photoplog/index.php?n=944

Also, I can't figure out how to do FTP upload.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, I do not know how to do the group thing.

FTP upload would require you having FTPed the files to the folder it mentions (basically only possible for me since I have the super user ftp account). Ordinary users, as far as I'm aware, don't have the FTP option.

Dalabrae

Reaction score
Similar question, is there a way to link our albums to the gallery, rather than uploading them again and using up excess site resources?

Thanks

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Similar question, is there a way to link our albums to the gallery, rather than uploading them again and using up excess site resources?

Thanks
These are independent of one another. The gallery is a piece of software I bought before vBulletin brought in their album feature. In any case, the gallery is a superior system for what we use it for. The album aspect of vBulletin is meant for your own personal pictures, or pictures you do not wish to share (you can restrict access to them), and for pictures that are used in social groups, which no one in this forum is taking advantage of. The Social Groups thing is going to waste in a big way, sadly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!