The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

Old 9th October 2009   #1
Mark
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11
Default 2010 Calendar Competition Winners!

The votes are in and the winners have been chosen! Over 20 judges took part in this years voting and my thanks go to all those members who participated in the process. I don't think anyone found it easy to pick 13 winning images out of so many quality photos. Thank you to everyone who entered.

Axolotl fans - watch this space for exciting calendar news.

Please join me in congratulating the winners!

And here they are, in no particular order:

Laura Tiemann - Salamandra salamandra terrestris

Click the image to open in full size.

Ricardo Perez - Ensatina eschscholtzii oregonensis

Jim Anno - Desmognathus fuscus

Jennifer Macke - Taricha granulosa

John Clare - Blue-Tailed Fire-Bellied Newt - Cynops cyanurus

Tim Herman - Plethodon glutinosus

Dick Bartlett - Taricha torosa sierrae

Juraj Lezovic - Triturus cristatus

Jim Anno - Eurycea lucifuga

Vide Ohlin - Oedipina pacificensis

Oleksandr Rudyk - Tylototriton verrucosus

Tran Nguyen - Ambystoma mexicanum

Kaysie Cox - Notophthalmus viridescens

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009   #2
dipsydoodle

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dipsydoodle has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: 2010 Calendar Competition Winners!

Aw all the photos are really good.

Congratulations everyone!

dipsydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009   #3
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

The winners will all receive a year's donor status on the forum as a thank you for participating.

Old 9th October 2009   #4
monkeyfrogman28

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: monkeyfrogman28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome Photos. I really like the first picture of the fire salamander!!!

monkeyfrogman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009   #5
benh

Nationality:
Rep: benh has shown reliable knowledgebenh has shown reliable knowledge

Some lovely photo's - very inspiring. A very high standard as always. Congratulations! Hope to have a go myself for the next lot

benh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009   #6
Lauri

Nationality:
Rep: Lauri has started on the right path

Hello,

wow... Grisu the fire salamander and me are jumping for joy (ok - at least I am) that we have been picked for the calendar! Thank you very much!

Congratulations to all the winners, you will make it a great calendar!

Greetings from Germany,
Laura

Lauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009   #7
Critter Mom

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Critter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and information

Amazing photos! I am thinking this will be a very colorful calendar this year, and highly detailed as usual. I like that they all display individuality, and dare I say... personality in the images. If salamanders could smile...I would say that some of them were for their photographs!

Old 10th October 2009   #8
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I have to say the bar was set very high this year. Judging was quite arduous! My first round cut was 26 pictures. It was difficult to whittle it down to just 13. Congrats to everybody.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009   #9
Vide Ohlin
(vide)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 15
Comments: 4
Rep: vide has started on the right path

Awesome! Thanks for the votes! Although I am missing a few of my favorites there are lots of grate photos among the winners! It will be a very nice calander!

Cheers, Vide

vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009   #10
janno

Nationality:
Rep: janno is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very pleased to see I was lucky enough to be among the winners - there were many wonderful photographs submitted for this competition. I want to thank Mark and the judges for their efforts. I know there is always significant work "behind the scenes" in making a contest such as this run smoothly.

My passion is getting out in the field and photographing what I find. I am especially excited about this competition since the photographs will be appreciated by like minded enthusiasts. I am sure some of you have similar experiences, but this will be in stark contrast to my wife’s typical reaction when I show her yet another “salamander photo”. This has made my day (and week!) and provides encouragement to get back out there and take some more photos.

Thanks again and congrats to all the winners,
Jim

janno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009   #11
Tanzaniterose

Nationality:
Rep: Tanzaniterose has started on the right path

Fantastic photos, congratulations to all of the winners!
It looks like the 2010 calendar will be a bright one!

Tanzaniterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009   #12
John
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Very well said Jim. You were also the only "two entry winner" to make it through the final filter - we had a few photographers with two photos that got into the final selection process but all but you got just one entry of their two qualifying entries on to the calendar because yours weren't similar in format or subject, so well done.

The calendar will be up for sale in a few days. The winners will receive their donor status prize once it has been published.

Old 23rd October 2009   #13
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

When's the calendar coming out?

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009   #14
John
Founder

Nationality:

Barring a major accident, this weekend. Yes, accident, not incident.

Old 23rd October 2009   #15
Hunter
(hunter)

Nationality:
Rep: hunter has started on the right path

John,
Very impressive!
I look forward to buying some this year.
Congrats, as well, on the great new look of the site.
You have set the highest bar for excellence in blog/ on line community in the herp world.
Best regards,

Old 24th October 2009   #16
John
Founder

Nationality:

Thanks Edward, the flattery does wonders for me :).

Old 25th October 2009   #17
John
Founder

Nationality:

The Caudata.org 2010 Calendar should be available in the next 24 hours. We are currently doing a private judging on the axolotl entries to make an Axolotl Calendar too, but the axolotl calendar will not be available for a few days.

Old 25th October 2009   #18
John
Founder

Nationality:

All winning photographers of the Caudata.org 2010 Calendar Competition have received a year's donor status. If you already had donor status it has been extended by a year. Winners, you should have donor status through to October 2010 - if not, contact me please.

Winners of the Axolotl Calendar Competition will also receive a year's donor status when the winners are announced.

Old 27th October 2009   #19
John
Founder

Nationality:

I've been working on this Monday and I'm behind. I am relatively certain it will be finished today (Tuesday).

Old 27th October 2009   #20
Ryan
(i_love_necturus)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

Nice job everyone. Another great year!

Tags
2010, calendar, competition, winners