The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Old 29th May 2004   #1
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

here is a picture of my female pachytriton labiatum-i took alot of my pachys but many didnt come out good-so ill take more later (ahh the benefits of digital photography...) here is a pic of her head though-i know it is usually caudopunctatus that get named 'dog faced newts' but you'll have to admit this one looks the part too.....
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 29th May 2004   #2
chris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Great pic Paris!
I've seen them sold as 'Puppy faced newts' round here. I think it's the lips (giving them their name labiatus) that really does it.
Chris

Tags
'dog, faced', newts, talk

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 19th September 2018, 00:20 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.