Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Has anyone else had this problem?

CrAwLTWKing

Reaction score
I was just curious to see if anyone else has bought what they thought was an axolotl and it turned out to be a tiger salamander? I have had several questions, most of which have been answered by your kind responses, but I was just wondering of someone who actually went through this what their thoughts were. I bought him/her at the mall in Lawton, Ok. I have searched over the forum and have found a couple other Oklahoma people that have done the same thing. I have messaged them with no response. Their pictures look very similar to when I got my guy. the container and the rocks, and even what they said the guy told them as well. Just curious to see if it was the same person that sold me mine. And what they did to figure out that their pet was not in fact what they thought.
I also was wondering, I if I had not posted on here with a picture of my pet. I would have never know that he was to change. Would have have drown if I didnt have the option for him to climb out? Thats a scary thought. :eek:
So thank you for all the information!
Christine

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
This happens more often than you would think, there are quite a few posts about it. Usually though people don't figure it out until the "axolotl" starts morphing and they post a question thinking something was wrong with it. Had you not posted on here there is a very strong possibility it would have drowned.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!