Paramesotriton laoensis breeding

A photo of my juvenile set up:
5907170001.JPG

Paul

Last edited:
Stunning, Paul. Do they retain that colouration throughout their lives? I haven't seen this species available yet (of course I'm referring to wild-caught imports). I don't like the idea of wild caught animals but at the same time I find myself conflicted because I would like to see this species ;(.

On a slightly different note, does Miss Miller (livingunderworld) endorse posting photos from her gallery on other web sites (i.e. they load from her server but appear here) ? I don't think she has noticed yet but I wouldn't be surprised if all of those photos you've been posting here become "X". Then again she does require that all uploaded photos in her gallery can be used by her as she sees fit so maybe as compensation to you she'll allow this. I hope so because some of the content of this thread is in her hands, whether she knows it or not.

Viele Grüße,

-John

Last edited:
Hi John!
.... Do they retain that colouration throughout their lives? I haven't seen this species available yet (of course I'm referring to wild-caught imports).
We don't know it, because this are the first breeding of P.laoensis.
But in the meantime I see, that the red colour on the back becomes more yellow/white - like the adults.

I don't like the idea of wild caught animals but at the same time I find myself conflicted because I would like to see this species...
My the same and I was critical to myself, when I got my adult pair!
But now I breed much more than 200 from one pair. After metamorphosis all are doing well. Now I am sure. It wasn't a mistake!

Paul

Hi all,

I just made a summary of my Gersfeldpresentation.
I also tried a translation to English ...
If someone is interested and can correct it or make a better translation I can send the text and then make it available for Urodela community.

Paul

Hi Paul, your English is pretty good so I bet it's fine. I'm happy to check it over: aartse_tuyn "at" hotmail.com

Hi Paul, if you are interested in posting it to the internet, please let me know. It could go on Caudata Culture.

Hi all,

here a new photo!
What you see is a young P.laoensis, a lot of snail eggs and some just slipped snails.

The stone usually is on the eggs, they slip and can be eaten,

Paul

Attachments

• schnecken.jpg
    schnecken.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 399
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back