Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Carnifex Eggs Have Arrived!!

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It will take longer to morph than 1 or 2 weeks. It´s also clearly not flavistic. I´d say congratulations but i find it impossible to be happy about people looking to produce flavistic carnifex...

garfield188

Reaction score
I've also raised Triturus carnifex from egg, and this larva looks like a normal colored one to me, yet it's hard to see the difference at this stage. In my experience it took another two to 3 weeks untill a larva of this size morphed.

The pic below shows a flavistic larva.

Steven

Attachments

• salagarfield18836 (Kopie).JPG
    salagarfield18836 (Kopie).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 473

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I assumed the animal can´t be flavistic because of the intensity of the dark spots, but i´m obviously liable to be wrong.
The larva in your picture, garfield, is older than the other one and yet the spotting is visibly less intense.

Last edited:

garfield188

Reaction score
I believe you didn't read my post well Azheal, I agreed with you the photo of Frogman shows a non-leucist/flavist animal and posted a photo so Frogman could see the difference between a leucist/flavist animal and a normal colored one.

Steven

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I only said that because i took your comment about how it can be tricky to tell the difference at this stage in development as an admission that there´s a chance the identification was incorrect and i thought i should jump on that boat and clarify that i´m fallible.
It´s understood now, sorry for the confusion.

frogman

Reaction score
Growing well, starting to see some white spots developing on the jaw and an orange belly as well :)
u8aza9y7.jpg

9agu8ejy.jpg

At this point I have decided to name him Kaiju

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!