Finally Eggs....

H

hayden

Okay so this morning i wake up and i see these funny white dots on all the leaves in my paddle tails tank...Eggs...Yeah im so excited...How do i care for these guys...Im taking them out of the tank so the mommy dont eat em'...Im so happy...I think it was all triggered because I made the tank fully aquatic and put a filter in...First they were in a fifty fifty tank but they never used the land side so i made an aquatic tank...Then their Cloacas swelled up...I never actually seen them doing it...But im rarely home...They laid i would say 50-75 eggs...should i pull them off the plant?...Or is it best to leave them...do i need a light...they are in a two and a half gallon kricket keeper for now...I think they are all fertile...Though i dont know how to tell but the male's cloaca is now not swollen at all...Thank you for all your help so far...

I have Paramesotriton fuzhongensis morphs now, and when they were laid I took them from the leaves and put them in shallow water in a room at about 70. i changed half the water every day (using conditioned water). Apart from a few mistakes on my part i only lost 1 after they had hatched into larvae. I hope this a help until someone with paddle tails responds. good luck.

Ok lynn...Im putting them in shallow water(like 2-3 inches)...I didnt know if i could take the eggs off the plants...any other help on feeding them if they hatch would be greatly appreciated..

the very first thing i did was took a frozen block of blood worm or brine shrimp and cut very thin slices off so when it defrosted it was tiny. they eat that. i introduced other frozen foods too. i cleaned this out daily. later i added live bloodworm when i could get it. they got really fat on that and in future i would add it allot sooner. as soon as they could manage it. now they have morphed they seem to only accept live food. they also like garden worms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back