The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Old 3rd December 2013   #1
knyptozoologist

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: knyptozoologist has started on the right path
Default Rehoming Adult Axolotl

My husband has had enough with a tank in our apartment and has made it clear he thinks my "hobbies" take up too much space, so I'm looking to rehome my axolotl. I'm unsure of gender (some days it appears bulgier than others), fairly large, either melanoid or a very very black colored wild type.

I would prefer someone that could come pick it up (or that we could meet somewhere) as I'm also willing to give most of the supplies along with it (filters, tank, sand, etc.), but if someone is very interested in just the axolotl and would pay for shipping I would consider shipping.

I live in the DC, MD, VA area.

Click the image to open in full size.

knyptozoologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013   #2
mackinthebox

Nationality:
Rep: mackinthebox has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Rehoming Adult Axolotl

awe, its so adorable :)
Im so glad my wife is so understanding of my hobby, she loves my axolotls too which helps a lot :)

Good luck with your sale!!
I would take it if i had more tanks, lol

mackinthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013   #3
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Here's a thought - keep the axolotl and get rid of the husband. If my wife were that mean I'd be single.

Old 4th December 2013   #4
tokemoke

Nationality:
Rep: tokemoke is an unknown quantity at this point

You said "A"tank, as in singular?!?! That's rediculous! I'm so sorry your rehomeing your axie and not the husband . :) ...... GL

tokemoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013   #5
hacelepues
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: hacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and information

Hi, I sent you a PM a day or two ago. I'm very interested! Just wondering if you got it.

Want more axie forum fun? visit http://www.reddit.com/r/axolotls/
hacelepues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013   #6
knyptozoologist

Nationality:

Hey, sorry everyone, I haven't checked the site in a few days due to some hectic things going on at work and have received several PMs about my axolotl. I'll try to get back to everyone asap, but I need to do some research for a few of you since my original intentions were to rehome in my area, so I need to find the best method for shipment.

Since a few asked for more information I'm just going to post it here rather than replying since a few people requested it.

It's probably about 8-10" long, so I would assume an adult. I am unsure of the age as it was purchased a few months ago from a pet store already at this size and they were unsure of the age as well (the store itself gets them from a breeder, they do not breed their own).

Give me a few days to look into the shipping and I'll get back to people's messages as I am able to answer their questions.

And yes, sometimes I wish I could rehome my husband as well ;D

Old 8th December 2013   #7
knyptozoologist

Nationality:

Alrighty, sorry again for the lack of personal replies and soforth, I had another discussion about the axie with my husband and he's decided that he does in fact like it and want it to stick around. Probably because I tasked him with looking up shipping information if he really wanted it gone.

Either way, thank you to all those who were interested and sorry I couldn't help you out, but I'm very happy I get to keep my little guy where he is!

Old 9th December 2013   #8
Alice in Wonderland
(zombieaddict)

Nationality:
Rep: zombieaddict has started on the right path

I'm glad to hear that you were able to keep your lotl but if anything happens and your husband changes his mind again, I'm in MD and would be able to pick up and give him a loving home. He's a beautiful critter though, so hopefully your hubby doesn't give you trouble on it again!

zombieaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013   #9
hacelepues
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: hacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyptozoologist View Post
Alrighty, sorry again for the lack of personal replies and soforth, I had another discussion about the axie with my husband and he's decided that he does in fact like it and want it to stick around. Probably because I tasked him with looking up shipping information if he really wanted it gone.

Either way, thank you to all those who were interested and sorry I couldn't help you out, but I'm very happy I get to keep my little guy where he is!
Aw well it's good your husband saw the error of his ways :)

Want more axie forum fun? visit http://www.reddit.com/r/axolotls/
hacelepues is offline   Reply With Quote