Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ghost Shrimp?

erasmosis

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with ghost shrimp?
I'm reading that they make good tank mates, and I was thinking about using them to keep the tank cleaner. Do you think its a good idea?

Mortimer

Reaction score
I have about six good-sized ghost shrimp in with my axolotl. They were intended to be food for him, but only one (the smallest) has disappeared in over a month. :)

ZombieAxolotl

Reaction score
Mine eat these lol
no cleaning time allowed.

They are an expensive feeder compared to guppies or other fish, but if you can breed shrimp they do love eating them.

GlowingCool

Reaction score
My local fish shop sells these as feeders on the cheap and that's exactly what happens to them...yum.

EJgraydon

Reaction score
I'm actually going to be getting some for my tank within the next couple of days! I'm told if they survive they're great tank cleaners, but if they don't you get very happy axxies :p

Martin21114

Reaction score
my LFS sells them for 6/$1. I put 30 in every time I can't spot a couple in a few seconds of looking. They clean well and are apparently delicious :D

Tephra

Reaction score
From my experience, they don't contribute much to the aquarium.
But they're always fun to look at - and it's fun to see your axies try and catch them and fail miserably...

I'm so mean :p

reefdive

Reaction score
I will be testing keeping inverts with these over the next month or so will post what I learn

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!