Glad to be here!

MarieKarma1311

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kylee
Hello everyone! I have been using this site for months now to get tips and learn new, exciting, and important information about my amazing little axolotl. I am thrilled to officially be a member of the site and I am very excited to see where this new life long hobby and love of amphibians will take me.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. :happy:

I started the same way, visiting as a guest for months, then joining when I got my axolotls. The amount of experience and knowledge available here is amazing, and people are always willing to help with questions and problems.

Please post a picture of your axolotls, we'd love to see it. :D

Thank you so much! And yes, it's truly outstanding how much information and help this site provides.

I have four axolotl at the moment, I got three wild type together when they were just tiny little things that had just hatched. It's been amazing watching them grow! I also just got a white albino axolotl last week.

Here are a few photos of my axolotl!

Attachments

• IMG_20160515_135531.jpg
    IMG_20160515_135531.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20160621_164709.jpg
    IMG_20160621_164709.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20160625_193609.jpg
    IMG_20160625_193609.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20160612_113411.jpg
    20160612_113411.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 181
Hi, welcome to the site!
I love your third pic of the wild type Axie, I always think the natural strains are the nicest. :)

Thank you! And my wild type really are beautiful. They are only three months old but their colors and markings just blow me away! I can't wait to see how they look once fully grown.

They are all adorable.
The markings on your wild types are beautiful.
:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back