Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Axolotl home made frozen food?

Neon

Reaction score
Hey guys, fish here! I have a question for those in the axolotl community, is there any way to make DIY frozen axolotl food? Long story short, someone in my area has been hitting all my local pet stores and buying worms (bloodworms, worms, night crawlers, etc) in bulk orders. Its been making it pretty annoying to wait till the next shipment, and even then i never seem to make it to the store fast enough to buy worms. I do try to buy from bait stores, but half the time the worms are dead, which is very annoying. It is hot here though...

Anyway, is there any way to prepare frozen food to stock in my freezer for awhile for when i cant buy any worms? Ive seen others do this for other fish, but im not sure how to go about it for axolotls. What would i mix together to create a healthy diet? How long can i keep i it in the freezer?

Here is the post on Tumblr as well.

aliya23kk

Reaction score
One thing you can buy is Eyclop-Eeze and take some of that to feed your axolotls (It's frozen) and I think you can buy it online but don't hold me to it because I'm not 100% sure. You could also make a brine shrimp farm at home. At you local pet store can you order them for pick up so you can get them? If you can't get these I'd go there when they open and then stock up on everything to last you a long time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!