Any thoughts on this coloring?

katherynei

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have bred quite a few axies, and this one seems a bit different in his/her coloring. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• HPIM1118.jpg
    HPIM1118.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 627
It looks like a wild type to me. Time will tell. Many times some of the juveniles look different than others and they wind up looking alike as adults. Everybody gets excited about a weird looking axolotl. I've raised up some blotchy looking melanoids that turned out looking like normal melanoids as adults.

Their has been a lot of threads/posts about different coloured Axies. Albino and leucistic are colour mutantions that have been developed into a gene trait over time in captive specimens so maybe another colour is being created

Am I the only one that doesn't see anything unusual with this larva?

I have 2 wild type juvies and they look exactly like that one. No difference, just normal.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back