Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What do you recommend?

What species do you recommend?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

auntiejude

Reaction score
auntiejude said this:

TBH there are some people I want to tell to give their axie to someone who knows what they are doing, and get a pet rock instead. But apparently that would make me a b1tch, so I muster all my patience and try and help people.

Excuse me, but I believe that I have been quoted out of context!

That was written in a personal blog, and I stated at the beginning of that paragraph:
These are MY views, I have put it in a blog so some of the more 'sensitive' members here don't think I'm having a moan about them personally.

If you want to read the whole thing - including the context - here is the link.

(But I think it is obvious that some people don't understand British humour....)

Autumncrossing

Reaction score
I don't agree at all , this is not a children's site it is a scientific site that adults often frequent so the OP should expect to be treated like an adult if he posts on here, or his parents let him. Also in case no one else has noticed the OP has posted about 3 different threads constantly threatening to sell his animals and how his mother hates them and he hates the responsibilities of them too. It's not right that this child is contacting breeders who might not be aware of this and they might sell to him when he doesn't have the room or the desire to give them proper care. You can't just decide one day you want a salamander and the next you don't, they can live up to twenty years for crying out loud. He drowned an adolescent salamander recently and another one of his died of desiccation this tells me improper care.

For Sale: a collection of animals http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102546

I found some... http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102456

On the subject of somber notes... http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102634

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Cliygh and Mia

First of, they were not salamanders, and second, I am probably just going to take the remainders to get euthanized, so I don't have to deal with anyone's nagging about animals, so goodbye!

Autumncrossing

Reaction score
That's a real good way to take care of animals you supposedly love. You're taking your anger out on them? That just shows how immature you are and you should not be using this site. How can you threaten innocent animals lives?

C

Cliygh and Mia

I don't agree at all , this is not a children's site it is a scientific site that adults often frequent so the OP should expect to be treated like an adult if he posts on here, or his parents let him. Also in case no one else has noticed the OP has posted about 3 different threads constantly threatening to sell his animals and how his mother hates them and he hates the responsibilities of them too. It's not right that this child is contacting breeders who might not be aware of this and they might sell to him when he doesn't have the room or the desire to give them proper care. You can't just decide one day you want a salamander and the next you don't, they can live up to twenty years for crying out loud. He drowned an adolescent salamander recently and another one of his died of desiccation this tells me improper care.

For Sale: a collection of animals For Sale: a collection of animals - Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum

I found some... Photo: I found some... - Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum

On the subject of somber notes... On the subject of somber notes... - Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum

And Fowler my fowler' toad didn't drown, he died of old age, he had plenty of food and water, and crawled into a corner to pass away

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1