Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Julia
I have been looking for some time for "Developmental Biology of the Axolotl", 1989, Oxford University Press. Would anyone here have an ref number for this? Also are there any further suggestions of books . I already have "Axolotl by Scott " and "Newts and salamanders by Indiviglio". Many thanks in advance .

p.s I was not intending to type in bold but my computer is prone to being possessed and odd things happen!!

G'day Julia,

I have this article, and I am more than willing to send it to you. Although, I don't think I have the full text. I can probably find it if I search properly.

A really good journal is Copeia. I access it through my school's database, so I'm unsure if it is open for public viewing. It contains an array of information about reptiles, fish, and amphibians, including axolotls. The published articles discuss the ecology, behaviour, genetics, morphology and physiology (direct quote) of the mentioned animals. Perhaps with the appropriate google search, you will strike some luck. If not, you can always message me and I'll send you the articles (hopefully, without any legal infractions).

Jay.

"Developmental Biology of the Axoltl" by Armstrong and Malicinski ISBN 0-19-505073-8

You should be able to pick up a used copy on line for about 50.00

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back