Hopeful Axolotl Aquisition

Canadian1973

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello Members,

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and been involved with animals my whole life. One of my passions is breeding rare and endangered species of parrots, at one point having just over 300 specimens in the collection.

Unfortunately, I'm a new dad of a baby boy and had to seriously downsize. I've always been fascinated by axolotls and would like to develop a breeding program. I am looking to talk to other breeders/owners and would like to work with a few to aquire a group of 50-100 individuals. Willing to complete all import paperwork as long as I can find a quality breeder with quality stock.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to hearing from you,

Anthony

Welcome to the forum Anthony! Not many people keep up with this section of the forum, therefore your request may go unnoticed to those that may help you out the most. You'd probably have better luck placing a wanted ad in the international section.

Welcome to the forum. You will find that it is expensive to properly import CITES II animals. I'd place a want add and search the forum for people from Canada that keep and breed axolotls. Non CITES animals can be imported to Canada a bit easier than CITES.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back