Hello

morgrid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, My name is Robert I live near Portland Oregon. I joined the site because I am interested in Axolotls. I have read about them several times in the past and have always thought it would be neat to raise some of these wierd critters. In looking for a source for these creatures the internet led me here. My background is in tropical fish, I have maybe 40 tanks right now from 2.5 to 55 gallons. I raise mostly killifish and livebearers although I have a quite diverse collection. I have been in the fish hobby for close to 40 years. I have had frogs, toads, and newts in the past but these were mostly local stuff that were in my ponds and such.
Anyway I feel I have the resources to do a good job raising and hopefully breeding some of these things and hoping to use the site as a source to get started.

hi there welcome to the site! im hoping to get an axolotl very soon too i am also very facinated by them :D
:ufo:

Hello Robert and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have quite the fish room and the experience to back it up. :D Glad to have you here.

welcome to the forum robert,.
the phantom returns to the forums, wow it has been a while.

-collin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back