The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 19th November 2017   #1
kaliyahchanel

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kaliyahchanel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there something wrong with my axolotl?

I got my axolotl back in May and he was doing great. But, Iíve noticed that he has small black bumps on his feet, heís an albino and about 8-9 inches long. What could this mean and is it serious? I do 20% water changes every week and take out poop or anything once I see it. The only things in the tank are sand (which is very fine) a few plants and a tiny ghost shrimp I got in September. I feed him a baby cricket every other day, but he has also been throwing that up. The only sign of stress I can see on him is a curved tail, but his gills arenít curved forward. The parameters are good as well. I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE.

kaliyahchanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017   #2
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Is there something wrong with my axolotl?

Please post a photo. Thank you.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sick axolot, stress?, throwing up