Getting set up for RED CHERRY SHRIMP!! Yay!! :D

tmorgan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tahnee
:D
So I just ordered some berried red cherry shrimp and I am so excited!!! Cant wait to get them started! :)

Anyways. Just wondering if anyone knows of a great site that has tips and tricks for raising RCS? I have two tanks for them. One is a 25 gallon and another is a 5 gallon. Also I could possibly use a 55 gallon if I needed to.

Also, is there some good food that increases breeding? I have the pellets and the calcium they need but was wondering if there is anything else I need? I also ordered some java moss to put in the tank as well. :)

Ok thank you I will try that. :)

Well the tank is set up. :) I will try to take pictures soon. They have gravel and java moss and a moss ball in there. Anything else I should add? :D

Also, three of my 13 shrimp molted. :eek: Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I took it as a good sign because to me, that signifies growth. Is this correct?

Thank you! :bowl:

Good sign, they are growing. Nice work! Keep it up, post pics.

Well they are molting some more and now I am seeing little babies everywhere!! :) I am wondering how many little shrimps a 10 gallon can house? Hopefully... a lot! Haha. :eek:

I haven't been able to take any pictures. My camera is not working, and I've had it for only a year. :( Bummer.

I also put in some plastic plants that had some algae on them into the shrimp tank so they could clean it. Success!!! :proud:

I just ordered cherry shrimp for my ten gallon too! I'm way too excitied lol :) Never kept them before, its nice to know that yours aren't posing any problems! What do you feed them on?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back