Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is it ok to feed my axies Ghost shrimp

S

sarah

i was cleaning out my fishpond that contains my large carp i caught from the lakes 4 years ago, and every single scoop of water i took out there was about 5-6 ghost shrimp in the bucket! Would it be ok to give them to my axies?

D

d

I occasionally feed mine river shrimp, the shrimp are silly enough to sit on the axies heads! (not for long though!!!).

S

sarah

well, i put some in the tank....
they run all over my axies, sit on their tails, or hitch a ride on their back.
I think daddy is scared of them, or they tickle him cos he shoots to the other side of the tank if one sits on him.
rap catches em but spits em out, then catches and spits out etc etc.
has anyone else had a similar problem?

S

shaun

Mine always does that with worms/trout pellets. Currently are two worms (well, one full baby worm and a quarter of a lobworm which still moves) hiding under the gravel because of this!

S

sarah

i removed the ghost shrimp lastnight, daddy was showing signs of stress and rap didnt want to eat them, just torture them. I then checked on them this moring and daddy was happy again. But rap looked bored, LOL
I think ill stick to the worms.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1