Hey , I have a problem with my pacman frog

Jason123

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello guys
I bought a pacman frog 2 days before.In the pet store he ate in front of me one cricket but since I have him in home , he has only ate 1 cricket.His terrarium dimensions are 25cmx40cmx12cm.
I use forest moss and plantation soil.I keep the humidity at 80 % .The temperature is between 18 and 20 celcius,(I think its a little bit low but I cant go to the pet store until tuesday)
I tried to move the food with a tweezers in front him for some time but he attacked the tweezers!
Now I have him in a little place 20cmx10cmx5cm with 4 gut loaded crickets but he havent eat any of them yet!
please help me!
thank you :D

The temperature is between 18 and 20 celcius,(I think its a little bit low but I cant go to the pet store until tuesday)

Sounds like the temperature of the enclosure is the cause behind this, as they require at least 24-27'c. So up the ambient day time temperature to about 27'c and have a lower night time temperature of around about 24'c. :eek:

Sounds like the temperature of the enclosure is the cause behind this, as they require at least 24-27'c. So up the ambient day time temperature to about 27'c and have a lower night time temperature of around about 24'c. :eek:

will he be ok untill tuesday?

will he be ok untill tuesday?

Well personally I think its a thing that requires attention as soon as possible. What are the ambient room temperatures?

Well personally I think its a thing that requires attention as soon as possible. What are the ambient room temperatures?

the ambient room temperature is around 20-25 celcius , but I think the humidity in the terrarium is making the temperature to drop :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back