Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Daphnia, good online places to buy

Riverlady1965

Reaction score
Where are good online places to buy daphnia for axolotl larvae? I have vinegar eel cultures, microworm cultures and bbs. I want to keep a variety of live foods for them and betta fry.

carolynsoria

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing these places to buy. However, we need addresses and probably websites to check out all prices.

mistergreen

Reaction score
Another option is to buy daphnia 'eggs'. They're easy to ship and won't die on you.
You get better hatch rates if you mix in distilled/RO water. Once they hatch, you'll have daphnia for life. Even if you population crash, just leave it alone for a few weeks and they'll come back. You can see white specs on the side of your tank/container. Those are the daphnia 'eggs'.

Bathbomb

Reaction score
Where are good online places to buy daphnia for axolotl larvae? I have vinegar eel cultures, microworm cultures and bbs. I want to keep a variety of live foods for them and betta fry.

Quick update bump, rhondas axolotls on Facebook, fast cheap and dense

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!