Festive Newt

T

tyler

I recently thought of the idea of decorating my newt tank for special events. Like for christmas turning my aquarium into a winter wonderland. Would removing my newt's coconut house and replacing it with a plastic gingerbread house for 2 weeks seriously stress my newt? I would make sure everything was cycled and healthy before puting it in of course.

Well if I change her surroundings she could become confused. It also would be a less natural setup. On the other hand it probably wouldn't upset her. People put legos in. My situation is replacing all of the twigs and leaves with legos.

Be careful that the gingerbread house doesn't have glitter or a scent that could come off like many festive decorations have.

I don't think I would do that, but that's just my preference. I might hang some garland on the wall over the tanks or something, but that's about it. Maybe festive colored lighting.

(Message edited by cortana on October 10, 2006)

Yeah I'd check for glitter before setting the tank up. Hmm.. well I'll stay away from this idea for now, but I would like to know if this would effect my newt.

Hey Tyler,
I have had success using different plastic items made by Fisher Price----they are non-toxic and can be used in the water. Share a photo if you change your tank into a Winter Wonderland!
71833.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back