Successful axie move!

hacelepues

Reaction score
Country
United States
I moved on Sunday, to a house closer to my college campus, and I was so nervous about how Bowie and Sagan would handle it!
First, I was convinced that their tank would shatter in the car (I kept 2 inches of water in the tank to protect the bacteria), but luckily it made it safely into my new room.
After filling it again and setting it up, I went back home to get my axies.
I had bought a cooler and some tupperware that fit perfectly inside about a month ago, which wasn't the best idea because they had grown! So I had to stick them into these containers that were probably a couple of cm longer than they were, poor things.
I made it to the house and floated them for a bit before releasing them. It took 2 days for the tank temp to actually lower below 70 F, but now they seem happy.

Bowie's gills are straight for the first time ever! Since the first day he came to me, his gills were slightly turned forewords, but everything was fine and Sagan never showed signs of stress.
Now they're normal! I don't know what's different that has made him happy, but oh well.

EDIT: Oh, and I also set up my plant filter! I must say I'm rather pleased with it, and look foreword to seeing the effects it will have on my water conditions :)

Last edited:
congratulations! Great succes story. I hope they enjoy your new home :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back