Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Advertisement Policy Change

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I created Caudata.org in 2001 as a community for people to exchange information, ideas and captive bred newts and salamanders. For over 10 years the site was funded by the donations of its members – thank you!

For the past few years I have funded the site from my own pocket. After consulting with the admins, I’ve decided to implement Google Adsense advertising on the site on a trial basis to see if the site’s traffic will pay for its upkeep.

The Google advertisements will only appear on the forum, at least for the time being.

Thank you.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think adverts on the net are just a fact of life these days, so much so that they don't really register with me any more. If the adds provide a hassle free way of keeping the site and forum online I think it's a small price to pay in the end, better than no site at all.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I fixed an issue with the menu bar. The dropdown menu options were going behind the top advert. Please continue the feedback!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!