Tropical salamanders?

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, im new here and ive been keeping tropical species of frogs for a while now (they breed with no climate change). i was wondering if there are any salamanders in captivity that do this as well??

thanks

While there really are no "tropical salamanders," there are species that will breed with little to no climate change. For instance, when kept in optimal conditions, Cynops orientalis will breed pretty much any time during the year.

really? that surprises me. there are a lot of salamander species in tropical south america and asia (not sure on africa) so i figured a few species would have found their way into the hobby by now.

anyway, thank you for answering my question!

Saying there are no tropical salamanders just isn't true- there are many species that occupy tropical rainforests, for example Bolitoglossa spp.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back