Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axolotl mama and in need of advice

Ashleighj

Reaction score
Ok so hey I’m new and after realising I asked questions in the wrong place earlier I’m trying again! Sorry if I’m still not navigating the site properly I’ll hopefully pick it up quickly!

So after accidentally acquiring some Axolotl eggs I’ve been reading a lot of stuff on here which has been super helpful but I do still have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

Some of my babies have hatched a fair few days ago now but still have some not yet hatched, is there a way to know if these guys will ever hatch or if they have died in the eggs?

And also out of the ones who have hatched I’ve had 4 die ? all of them being my albino ones. Is this a common thing with albinos or is it pure coincidence?

Thank you in advance for any info ?

Deedee

Reaction score
I’m not excatly sure about how to tell eggs apart (haven’t gotten a lotl or experienced this yet ) but albinos in all species tend to have compromised immune systems and die early on which is also why the tend to be a bit more expensive than Their coloured counterparts

Last edited:

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Give them a while longer before you give up on the eggs. If you can take a good close up photo of the unhatched eggs, we can tell you a little about their status.

mumto5

Reaction score
I had babies hatch a few months ago and l had some babies hatch a week after there siblings.....so give them time. If they haven't hatched by a certain amount of time l would say they never made it....So did they end up hatching?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!