Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Someones got floaty bum syndrome :/

narny101

Reaction score
Yep, Luna is sitting in her poo spot with a floaty bum.... is there anything i should do do help get the poop out quicker, she doesn't look too impressed

Petersgirl

Reaction score
Feed as normal and it should sort itself out :) Floaty Bum Syndrome is an everyday part of some axolotls' lives. My Galaxy floats all the time, my Toothless doesn't.

It's not a worrying thing as long as she's not constantly floating or can't reach the bottom. You know your axolotl best, so if she's not displaying unusual behaviours, keeping her food regular will help.

Axoleyshia

Reaction score
Hi, I was told to feed the axolotl waxworms that it would be easily digested. Hope it will sort itself out

auntiejude

Reaction score
Hi, I was told to feed the axolotl waxworms that it would be easily digested. Hope it will sort itself out
Waxworms, earthworms, maggots - any soft wormy-type food will do. Keep off dried food (pellets), anything with an exoskeleton (mealworms, live shrimp), and fish.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!