Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Looking to purchase a Daphnia culture

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
I have some eggs that will be hatching soon and wanted to have some Daphnia as a backup to my bbs. Im having trouble locating sellers. I am located in the Boston area. Thanks!

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
I have only seen it on ebay. They want $25 shipping from Ohio. If you find it cheaper please let me know too. Good luck

NVLizzy

Reaction score
Hi! Just joined after having bought a new baby axolotl. He/she is a leucistic my daughter named "Nebula". Anyways, completely new to this but a century ago when I was in University we got our supplies from Ward Scientific and they have daphnia cultures. I don't know if they are the right "kind" but shipping is not astronomic and prices are cheap especially if you are ok with them in a bag instead of a jar.

https://www.wardsci.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?catalog_number=875210

Frizbee

Reaction score
I have had great luck buying from aquabid.com under the live food section. There are almost always a couple offerings for daphnia along with a bunch of other small live food cultures.

Lamont125

Reaction score
I sell live daphnia for 25.00 shipping included. we do our best at keeping the cost down. 2 bags of daphnia and 2 bags of green water . for 25.00 Thanks I hope I can help you .
Rhonda Moormann on Facebook to Rhondas daphnia culture pm me to order rlmoormann@gmail.com

sinomoyyhi89

Reaction score
I would highly recommend ordering daphnia from Rhonda. I've ordered the past two years. She sends a generous amount of daphnia and the green water starter is a huge plus. The trick is to have a large enough container to allow the daphnia to reproduce enough to meet your demand. I was able to raise way more than I needed in my parents garden pond.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!