Photo: I found some...

C

Cliygh and Mia

Two small slender salamanders!:D They are adorable! But enough talking. Let the pictures speak for themselves...

Attachments

• 20150510_152514.jpg
    20150510_152514.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 272
  • 20150510_152457.jpg
    20150510_152457.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 20150510_152444.jpg
    20150510_152444.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 236
Nice finds Xavier! Those are juveniles, though, so if you want some adults I would keep searching, there are bound to be some if there are juveniles.

Well they sealed of lily pond, so I'm taking these running! Back at Georgia, I have had a problem with springtails in my red eyed tree frog tank, so I am going to add some terrestrial hides, and move the red eye to a different setup, one with little or no springtails, and let the salamanders feast on the springtails. And I know they are juveniles, My dad was so happy, it feels like a right of passage :D:p

The smaller of the two killed itself last night:( Decided it needed water, and crawled into the deep end, and drowned itself:( Looks like we are going back to lily pond after all:(

That's so sad :(
They never enter water in the wild so I think you should either take the bowl out or use a really shallow bowl.

That's the point, there was no water dish! There was a puddle, and he stayed there for too long, and drowned

That is surprising. Well, maybe you can find some adults...they are bigger and probably easier to care for.

Yeah, I am planning to go back to lily pond (or the part that isn't sealed off) and bury the dead one, and collect adults

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back