Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Injured axolotl

impactspenumbra

Reaction score
Hi,
I currently have four axolotls, a wild type, melanistic, golden, and leucistic in a forty gallon tank. My wild type is a lot smaller than the others and I found him being attacked by the golden one today. I took him out and put him in a quarantine tank (ten gal) with my melanistic who was also injured recently. I have been giving the melanistic tea baths every so often. What should I do? I'll try to attach pictures of the wild type (I apologize, this is my first time making thread)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...tt&th=1635137373fef6c7&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

Last edited:

impactspenumbra

Reaction score
I apologize, I realize that this is under the introductions area but I do not know how to change this.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Great move putting the smaller one in another tank. Keep it in there until it reaches the same size of the others.
The pics aren't working for me but you shouldn't need the tea baths, just keep it in clean cool water and any wounds will heal.
When you write a reply there is an attachment bit next to the fonts, see if that works for you. You can attach pics from your computer that way :)

impactspenumbra

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what happened, but sadly he passed. His injuries were pretty bad so I guess that must of been it. Thanks so much for the advice anyways.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best and health for your other axolotls :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!