Which liquid fertilizer? Which plants?

C

casey

I'm looking into getting more plants for my tank to lower nitrates but I think I might need some liquid fertilizer also.

Which brands of liquid fertilizer are okay to use in axie tanks?

Also, which plants are easiest to keep or the most hardy?

If you're using plants to lower nitrates, then using liquid fertilizer would be counter-productive (as they tend to be nitrate based).

Your axolotls will provide all the fertilizer you need.

I usually remove their poo so should I leave it in instead? or move it to where the plants are?

id say move it where the plants are for a more concentrate nitrate.. never had any experience with such things so thats just my logic

I dont find problems with my nitrates, and i use both liquid adn tablet, not to mention the CO2 reacter.

I would most recomend 'Flourish', you'll find it in pet stores across australia. YOu mabey wont find it in small pet shops like the ones you'll see in shopping centres but all good aquaium retailers would have it. THe bottle is basicly green, well the pictures on the bottle, are they are beautiful, green plants. Hope that helps you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back