Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

2009 Caudata.org Grant

Kevin Z

AArk Program Director
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right place, but I am sure John will relocate me if I am not :happy:. I want to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone in this community who helped raise the funds for Amphibian Ark at the end of '08. But rather than just absorb your donation into our general operating budget, I wanted to do something special with it to acknowledge your role and to encourage your involvement in conservation. So John and I cooked up the idea for a Caudata.org Grant, offered for this first time here in '09, and hopefully repeating every year. Check out the announcement here: www.amphibianark.org/Kevin/Caudata.org-grant.pdf . My goal is to collate the applications I get and post them online in a way that you can all vote on your favorite project. You raised the money, you pick the winner, right? The application deadline is a few weeks away, so spread the word, and then watch for another post from me about where/how you can review the applications and vote. I think this is going to be pretty cool, and I hope you agree. Cheers, Kevin

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to thank Kevin for doing the hard work on this and I also want to thank everyone who donated.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
How unusual for donors to be able to influence where their funding goes. What a thoughtful thank-you! Is it going overboard to say thank you for a thank-you?

-Eva

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
We will be voting on this shortly. In the interests of fairness we will only be allowing voting from those members who donated during the relevant period. However all members will be able to see the applications and the results. Many thanks again to Kevin for his efforts.

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastic; thanks to both John and Kevin for arranging this, and again to John for making my suggestion into reality with such efficiency!

I look forward to seeing the options.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!