A few shots of Lissotriton vulgaris ampelensis metamorphs

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Johnny O. Farnen
The first just started morphing last Saturday, now they are climbing out like crazy!

LvaNewMorphs.jpg

lvatanktop.jpg

morphsterrestrial.jpg

Well done!!
This is a gorgeous subspecies, trully stunning creatures, despite being so heavily underapreciated.

Good luck with the morphs, as i´m sure you know they are not the easiest to raise but i´m sure you´ll succeed :)

Keep us updated, it´s refreshing to see more breeding of this species.

Truth be told, I did not breed these, I just raised up some eggs I traded from Jake a while back. May be a few years before I pull it off myself.

I feel these are some of the easiest larvae I have worked with to date. I just kept their pond tank stocked with lots of live foods and let them do their thing. I am still shocked how small they are! from egg to morph these guys are the smallest caudate I have ever worked with. The first morphs are barely 20mm long!

Good pics, have you any neotenic larvae of L vulgaris?

And you are suggesting you can take shots of this salamander? I'm usually down to drink anything...but that even seems a bit odd for me.

Prolly get you pretty drunk though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back