Aaargh.. why do I always miss it!

Niels D

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday my gf managed to take this picture. Still I've never seen it myself. Darnit!
IMG_4869.jpg

What type of newt is that? Absolutely beautiful.

It's favoritism :) he likes your girlfriend more than you :p lol

At least she took a picture for you ;)

Wow I have never seen that before either! haha :) I hope to get some of those guys in the near future :) One of my fav newts!

Excellent newts !!.How do you get your girlfriend to like them? lol

Girls that don't like newts salamanders frogs & axolotls aren't worth knowing ;) lol

<3 >o_o< <3

My gf is an enthusiast as well. Sometimes it's me being the one to say: "Don't you think we've got enough animals right now?"

lol - there's a limit? ;) shhhhhhhh

I'm the one who thought the idea of an unexpected axolotl could be fun - my husband said he didn't really like them especially the white ones & that they were boring. Now he's gone fish mad & loves having aquariums around the place.

He's the one who spots the poor things in pet shops too now (checks tank temps / gravel & gets mad at how they're kept :mad: like I do) & he was happy i brought home a very sad looking chap on saturday - he even taped the fridge light to off so the hospital would stay dark for our little patient.

He's always peering into the tank watching the 'boring' lizards :)
I'd say lizard love is contagious :D

<3 >o_o< <3

Congratulations, you now officially have MTS (Multi Tank Syndrome).

O'gawd there's a name for it! 0.0

I'm betting there's no cure either :eek: lol

<3 >o_o< <3

wow! What a beautiful species!! And you're lucky to have a gf like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back