Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: New Owner, Happy(?) Axie

Framboos

Reaction score
So I'm a new Axxie owner, I assume I'm doing things right for my Axie Framboos. Here's here tank (and her)

The Full tank
2efn96e.jpg

Plants/Planted side (going to get more, yes they are live, no I don't mind if they get dug up)
2f0fubm.jpg

Wood side (I've tried to arrange the wood into "caves" but if she's not hidden enough I want to try and find some more stuff, mostly wood, maybe a bit of rock.)
2hzicnp.jpg

Filter area (including a floating hide from when I had fish, it's been cleaned but I figure if she's having floating issues it might help her).
2a5g6lg.jpg

And now Framboos herself! Enjoying the tank like the stinker she is.
2uettoh.jpg

1g4rb9.jpg

skuelj.jpg

Framboos when I first got her (still in the bag she was shipped in)
4ktp2x.jpg

Donna001

Reaction score
Framboos is adorable. :happy:
She looks as if she is enjoying her tank.
I'm just in the process of removing the artificial plants in my tanks and replacing them with live ones. I'm thinking of going down the route of mainly anubias sp. and java fern, so I can tie it to the wood and hides rather than planting it.
It might be worth getting a spray bar for your water outflow, as this will greatly reduce the force of the water.
Best of luck with Framboos. :D

Framboos

Reaction score
actually my cannister filter (which I connected to the chiller which is what puts the water straight out) has a valve so I can adjust how much goes in or out. I turned the output down just a little bit ago cuz I noticed she was rocking while I was trying to feed her (like a current was pushing on her, granted it could have been my hand or she was just trying to get a better view of the worm, but still ounce of caution, pound of cure).

She did just gulp some air from the surface (literally as I was writing this) made a little slurping sound in doing so. I have noticed a weird gulp-twitch thing this evening. I'm hoping one of her worms maybe just is a bit stuck in her throat... or perhaps did a mess while she was swallowing or such). She's pottied daily so far so I'm not too worried.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1