Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I Finally Got Some Greater Sirens (Siren lacertina)!

Reaction score
Howdy y'all,
I haven't posted to the forum in a while, so I thought I'd pop in just to say I finally acquired some Siren lacertina! Sirens of any type have been a dream of mine since my earliest days in the caudate hobby. Before my parents let me buy my first Cynops pyrrhogaster as a kid, they gave me a guide to salamander and newt husbandry. The one thing I remember the most from that old book were the pictures of Pseudobranchus axanthus axanthus and Siren lacertina in the back. Hopefully, I'll add Pseudobranchus to my collection in the near future.

I hope to have pictures of them soon. At the moment, they're in a quarantine tank.

Cheers,

Thomas Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponder

Reaction score
How are your sirens doing? I have a few juveniles too. They're amazing little buggers!

Or amazing big buggers as the case may be! I love sirens. Just got another one last week.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!